A fresh, Summer Zucchini Ribbon Salad with a simple tart lemon dressing, arugula, and shavings of parmesan. It’s light, easy and super delicious.
This zucchini ribbon salad is probably one of the simplest salads I’ve ever made yet so satisfying. The great thing about it is, it takes all of about 5 minutes to make and is perfect for a quick lunch in Summer or as a side with grilled chicken or fish.
I love simple salads in Summer, ones I can whip up with only a few ingredients that are fresh, light and hit the spot. There’s nothing worse than a lifeless, tasteless salad, right?
This zucchini ribbon salad is SO much simpler than all of those, I mean even the dressing takes two seconds. I start by shaving the zucchini into ribbons either by using a mandoline or speed peeler and add it to a bowl. I then add a handful of arugula/rocket, shavings of parmesan and some basil leaves, roughly chopped.
To make the dressing, I squeeze the juice half a lemon into a bowl with four tablespoons of olive oil and a little pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk it for a couple of seconds and it’s done. I dress the salad last minute when I’m about to serve and use only enough to coat the zucchini, there shouldn’t be too much.
I feel there is enough seasoning using only the dressing for this salad but you can add a pinch of salt afterward if you think it needs it. Also, try adding some pine nuts or walnuts for extra texture and crunch.
Hope you enjoy, oh and let me know what your favourite summer salad is down below!
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog please let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTERESTto see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Zucchini Ribbon Salad
- Cut the top and bottoms off the zucchini and shave into ribbons using a mandoline or speed peeler and add to a bowl.
- Shave the parmesan using a vegetable peeler and add to the bowl along with the basil and arugula. Toss to mix together.
- To make the dressing add the lemon juice, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper to a bowl. Whisk together for a couple seconds then pour over the zucchini salad. You may not need all of the dressing you just want enough to coat the zucchini. Serve.
- I always use extra virgin olive oil in all of my recipes unless stated otherwise
- When I use canned or jarred tomatoes of any kind I always use this brand for the best results and flavour
- All vegetables are medium sized unless stated otherwise
- All recipes are tested and developed using a fan oven
- Read more about how the nutritional information is calculated here