Prosciutto Cotto (ham) and artichoke heart pizza on a cheesy mozzarella white base. This is one of my favourite pizza toppings, it’s so simple yet incredibly delicious.
Have you ever tried a white pizza? There’s no tomato sauce just lots of cheese glorious cheese! Topping the white base with prosciutto cotto and artichoke hearts makes for one incredibly delicious pizza that’s sure to become your new favourite!
I first had this pizza topping at one of my favourite supermarkets a few weeks ago. We initially went there to get some porchetta (roast pork) to put on crusty rolls for lunch. The porchetta is rubbed with fennel seeds, oregano, thyme and is sliced with most delicious crispy crackling and tastes incredible. You can only imagine how disappointed we were when there was none left.
Uggh what about pizza then? ( As if it was such a bad compromise, I was definitely hangry at this point )
Prosciutto cotto and artichoke heart pizza was the one I chose and omg I was so glad there was no porchetta left because the pizza was out of this world crazy delicious!
I seriously had a moment to myself….I mean why haven’t I tried this pizza before after living in Italy for all this time? I have no idea but it is now one of my absolute favourites.
I used my Instant Pizza Dough to make this pizza which means the pizzas were ready from start to finish in around 30 minutes (including making the dough from scratch). You can also use traditional pizza dough if you have the time to make it and you’re well prepared, whenever I have time I always make traditional dough.
The base is covered with mozzarella and then I add slices of prosciutto cotto (ham) and artichoke hearts. Top with a little sprinkling of parmesan then bake in the oven for around 10-15 minutes.
Heavennnnn! I hope you enjoy.
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog please let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Prosciutto cotto and artichoke heart pizza
- 1 quantity of instant pizza dough (see link above)
- 7 oz (200g) prosciutto cotto Italian ham
- 8.8 oz (250g) mozzarella
- 5.2 oz (150g jarred artichoke hearts cut in half
- 1 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- semolina flour for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400F/gas mark 6. Lightly dust two large baking trays with semolina flour, roll out the dough to fit the trays. You want them around 1/4 inch thick.
- Tear the mozzarella and layer it over the pizza bases, top with slices of ham and then artichoke hearts. The artichokes should already be quartered and then each quarter needs to be cut in half.
- Sprinkle over some parmesan then bake then in the oven for around 10-15 minutes until the cheese and melted and the dough is starting to turn golden brown.
- I always use extra virgin olive oil in all of my recipes unless stated otherwise
- When I use canned or jarred tomatoes of any kind I always use this brand for the best results and flavour
- All vegetables are medium sized unless stated otherwise
- All recipes are tested and developed using a fan oven
- Find out more about how nutrition is calculated here
- Check out our must have Italian Pantry Staples here
- You can also find all our Essential Kitchen Tools for Italian Cooking here