This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
This Berry Banana Smoothie Bowl is filled with delicious berries, banana, honey and is topped with chopped fruit and toasted pine nuts. A fun and healthy way to start the day!
Smoothies are a great way to start the day and I don’t care what anyone says, I love my smoothie in a bowl!
Ok, there are times when there is no need to transfer my smoothie into a bowl like when I’m making my
Orange Ginger Green Smoothie or my Almond Butter and Jelly Smoothie. But when I want some extra textures such as nuts and seeds or an extra helping of chopped fruit on top then that’s when smoothie bowls are deliciously perfect!
This Berry Banana Smoothie Bowl is so gorgeous, I love the bright pink colour and decorating the bowl with strawberries and kiwi is so much fun. You can top your smoothie bowl with whatever you want, any kind of chopped fruit, nuts or seeds would be perfect.
Look at all the colours…..
To make this thing of beauty I simply blitz together a banana (frozen works best but not necessary), mixed frozen berries, banana yogurt, honey and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Then I add the smoothie to a bowl and top with chopped strawberries, kiwi, chia seeds and toasted pine nuts. The pine nuts are AMAZING they taste incredible and give a different texture to the smoothie making it extra delicious!
I mean you can’t not be happy when you’re eating this, it’s so pretty, so tasty and so healthy too!
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog please let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up
Berry Banana Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- 1 banana frozen
- 60 g frozen mixed berries
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 125 g banana yogurt
- 1 small squeeze lemon juice
- 1/2 kiwi sliced
- 2-3 strawberries sliced
- 8 g pine nuts toasted
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Put the banana, frozen berries, yogurt, honey and lemon juice in a food processor and blitz until completely smooth (add a splash of water if needed).
- Transfer the smoothie into a bowl and top with chopped strawberries, kiwi, chia seeds and toasted pine nuts.
- I always use extra virgin olive oil in all of my recipes unless stated otherwise
- When I use canned or jarred tomatoes of any kind I always use this brand for the best results and flavour
- All vegetables are medium sized unless stated otherwise
- All recipes are tested and developed using a fan (convection) oven
- Find out more about how nutrition is calculated here
- Check out our must have Italian Pantry Staples here
- You can also find all our Essential Kitchen Tools for Italian Cooking here