This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Make this Pea Pesto and Goats’ Cheese Bruschetta for a fantastic lunch or snack. Sweet peas are blitz into a pesto with a few other yummy ingredients and spread on toasted wholemeal bread and topped with delicious, tangy goats’ cheese.
Pea Pesto 🙂
Anything with the word pesto in it suddenly has my full and undivided attention. Why? Because I have never had a bad tasting pesto, ever!
This obviously excludes shop bought pesto blaaah.
But seriously I have never had a bad tasting homemade pesto, maybe because they usually contain very simple and utterly delicious ingredients such as Parmesan CHEESE, basil, garlic, lemno, nuts….all things delicious!
Which brings me to today’s post – Pea Pesto and Goats’ Cheese Bruschetta.
This is an incredibly easy peasy recipe that is perfect for a light lunch or snack. The flavours from the sweet peas and basil goes perfectly with the tangy, sharp goats’ cheese.
Add garlic and parmesan and ohhh my my my!
I used wholemeal crusty bread cut into thick slices, drizzled with olive oil and toasted on a griddle pan. I love toasting bruschetta or crostini this way, it leaves a beautiful charring which is not only appealing to the eye but gives such a wonderful smokey flavour to the bread.
In fact bread toasted this way then just rubbed lightly with a garlic clove and drizzled with olive oil is so delicious and perfect along side a big bowl of soup!
To make the pea pesto I boil frozen peas for 1-2 minutes until just cooked. They are then drained and added to a food processor with parmesan, garlic, basil, lemon, salt and pepper. I then add 1 tbsp of olive oil while the processor if blitzing the peas into a fine paste.
It’s hard for me not to eat it by the spoon at this point!
I then thickly spread the pesto on the toasted wholemeal bread and top with tangy and creamy goats’ cheese 🙂
A super speedy and yummy lunch is now ready to be devoured 🙂
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog please let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Pea Pesto and Goats' Cheese Bruschetta
- Bring a small pot of water to the boil and place a griddle pan on a medium/high heat.
- Drizzle the slices of bread with a little olive oil on each side and place on the griddle pan. Toast each side of the bread.
- Add the peas to the boiling water and boil for 1-2 minutes then drain, Place he peas in a food processor with the basil, parmesan, lemon, garlic and salt and pepper. Blitz everything into a fine paste whilst adding tbsp of olive oil.
- Sprinkle one side of the toasted bread with a little salt and spread over the pea pesto. Top with a little goats' cheese, pepper and an extra drizzle of oil.
- I always use extra virgin olive oil in all of my recipes unless stated otherwise
- When I use canned or jarred tomatoes of any kind I always use this brand for the best results and flavour
- All vegetables are medium sized unless stated otherwise
- All recipes are tested and developed using a fan (convection) oven
- Find out more about how nutrition is calculated here
- Check out our must have Italian Pantry Staples here
- You can also find all our Essential Kitchen Tools for Italian Cooking here