This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
A thin and crispy instant pizza dough recipe that has no yeast and requires zero rising time – oh yes that’s right. Make this super easy pizza dough in around 5 minutes for perfect pizzas in a hurry.
I think I’ve said this before…yep definitely. I could honestly eat pizza every day and be extremely happy! I mean what kind of strange people are there in the world that don’t like pizza? I find myself craving pizza all the time, and quite rightly so I live in Italy, it’s allowed. BUT what do you do when you’d really love pizza for dinner but you can’t wait 5 hours for the dough to rise?
You make instant pizza dough!
This instant pizza dough has been a life saver so many times, you know for the times when you’re having heavy withdrawal symptoms and you need a thin and crispy ASAP!
This dough has no yeast and requires no rising time at all so it’s perfect for last minute pizza fixes or for a quick weeknight dinner.
Instant pizza dough Vs traditional pizza dough
Ok so let’s talk about the differences between this instant pizza dough and regular traditional dough. Because this pizza dough has no yeast or no rising time it’s not as light and airy as traditional pizza dough is (don’t think this means it’s a brick hard dense dough because it’s absolutely not it’s still pretty light and delicious).
We don’t have time for the dough to rise for 5 hours, we need pizza now and we need pizza fast, right? I think that’s a pretty good compromise.
It may not be as light and airy as the regular stuff but there is absolutely no compromise in flavour with this dough. I use this recipe to make pizzas all the time and I never feel like I’m missing out on something.
It makes killer pizzas every time and I’m always fully satisfied afterwards unless you put pineapple on it, ok now it’s ruined.
How to make no rise instant pizza dough
Put the flour and salt in a large bowl and make a small well in the middle. Add the warm water and mix together with a spoon. Once the dough starts to come together add the olive oil.
Knead the dough on a lightly floured work surface to form a ball, don’t over knead it doesn’t take long at all and it’s done!
I like to cut the dough in half and make two large pizzas. Sprinkle a little semolina flour on a baking tray, roll out the dough to a large pizza base, place on the tray and add what ever toppings you want. Right now I’m loving artichoke and prosciutto cotto.
If you’ve tried this or any other recipe on the blog please let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTERESTto see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Instant Pizza Dough - No Rise No Yeast
- Add the flour and salt to a bowl. Make a small well in the middle and add the warm water. Mix together with a spoon for a few seconds, when the dough starts to come together add the olive oil.
- Using your hands bring the dough together then tip it on to a lightly floured work surface. Knead for a few seconds to form a ball, the dough should be soft and smooth.
- Divide the dough into two balls, roll out into large pizza bases and add to baking trays lightly dusted with semolina flour. Add desired topping and bake in the oven at 200°C/400F/gas mark 6 for 10-15 minutes.
- I always use extra virgin olive oil in all of my recipes unless stated otherwise
- When I use canned or jarred tomatoes of any kind I always use this brand for the best results and flavour
- All vegetables are medium sized unless stated otherwise
- All recipes are tested and developed using a fan oven
- Find out more about how nutrition is calculated here
- Check out our must have Italian Pantry Staples here
- You can also find all our Essential Kitchen Tools for Italian Cooking here