This Banana Milk Coffee is sweet, warming and delicious. It's the perfect way to wake up on a chilly morning or relax and unwind throughout the day.
Step aside pumpkin spiced latte there's a new kid in town, I give you....Banana Milk Coffee.
This delicious banana flavoured coffee is the new obsession this Autumn and for a good reason.
It's sweet, warm, comforting and super delicious it's basically what you need right now.
I mean I love the pumpkin spiced latte and I'm not going to give it up completely by no means but this delicious Autumn drink is definitely right at the top of my list for my go to hug in a mug.
The original Banana Milk Coffee is a combination of banana milk, sugar syrup and cold brew coffee served over ice.
Now as nice as that sounds the thought of waking up to an ice cold coffee this Autumn/Winter is enough to make me crawl back under the covers.
What you Need to Make it
- Good quality coffee (this is the coffee I recommend, use good quality for best results)
- Ripe bananas
- These glasses are similar to the ones I used and are really cute, perfect for hot chocolates, lattes or Irish coffees!
How to Make Banana Milk Coffee
My version is warm and heavenly. I first make my banana milk by mashing up a very ripe banana in a bowl with 1 tbsp of sugar.
I then add the banana to a saucepan and heat under a low heat until the sugar has dissolved, gradually I add in some milk followed by some cinnamon (gotta have the cinnamon).
I then blend it all until totally smooth adding a little more milk and pour it on top of a strong freshly brewed hot coffee.
IT's JUST YUM!
I have to say I'm so happy Autumn is here! It's my favourite time of the year and it's been pretty perfect so far.
The weather is blue skies, warm and crisp. The leaves are starting to change colour and I can now wear jeans without them sticking to my legs (yeah not a great feeling).
I can take my little pooch long walks at anytime of the day, still have barbecues in the garden and drink hot drinks without breaking a sweat.
This Banana Milk Coffee honestly couldn't be easier, I mean 5 minutes that's all you need and it's a hella lot cheaper than nipping to your nearest Starbucks for your coffee fix.
So let's get to the recipe and don't forget to tell me what you think below. Enjoy!
SAVE FOR LATER
More delicious hot drinks you might like:
If you’ve tried this Banana Milk Coffee or any other recipe on the blog please let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I’m getting up to.
Banana Milk Coffee
- Mash the banana in a bowl with the sugar until it's smooth with not many lumps. Add to a saucepan under a low heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved and the banana is hot. Gradually add in half of the milk until it starts to steam, remove from the heat and add in the cinnamon, stir.
- Add the banana milk to a blender and blend until completely smooth whilst gradually adding the other half of the milk. (A high power blender is best to ensure no lumps remain)
- Divide the hot coffee into two mugs and top with the banana milk (use a sieve when pouring the milk if you don't have a high power blender). Top with an extra dusting of cinnamon is desired.
- I always use extra virgin olive oil in all of my recipes unless stated otherwise
- When I use canned or jarred tomatoes of any kind I always use this brand for the best results and flavour
- All vegetables are medium sized unless stated otherwise
- All recipes are tested and developed using a fan (convection) oven
- Find out more about how nutrition is calculated here
- Check out our must have Italian Pantry Staples here
- You can also find all our Essential Kitchen Tools for Italian Cooking here