This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
We all love a sweet treat from time to time. I especially get a craving after dinner but I mean c’mon all in moderation and all that, how can I expect to get beach body ready and enjoy a little something sweet EVERYDAY?!
Well luckily for me I’ve recently just moved house away from the beach to the countryside…problem solved! Or maybe not.
So all in moderation I said, and yes I firmly believe that you can enjoy the sweeter things in life, even everyday if they are made right and what could be better than chocolate truffles made with one of my favourite things in the world, AVOCADO and there’s no cream in sight what so ever!! Great….gimme 10, nom, nom, nom.
These little dark chocolate avocado truffles are great because they give you an intense bitter, sweet, chocolate kick that’s so rich and full of flavour and you can’t help but feel happy about the fact you’re eating avocado, these must count as 1 of your 5 a day, right?
I absolutely love coconut as you might already know so I had to roll these little lovelies in it but chopped hazelnuts are just as good or you can opt for some unsweetened cocoa powder (not the drinking stuff) or whatever takes your fancy. If you love coconut too why not try my mini coconut and carrot cakes for something sweet and light or my wild berry and coconut frozen smoothie for a utterly delicious healthy breakfast recipe.
These are ridiculously easy to make so there’s really no excuse not to and they are perfect to quickly whip up when you’re expecting guests, no one will know they’re made with avocado ( until you tell them ).
Dark chocolate avocado truffles
- 200 g dark chocolate at least 75% cocoa solids
- 1 1/2 tbsp good quality runny honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 large avocado or 1 small avocoado very ripe
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 small handfulls desicated coconut
- Melt the chcolate in a heatproof bowl above some simmering water ( do not let the bowl touch the water and turn off the heat when it come to a boil ) along with the honey, vanilla extract and salt.
- Spoon out the avocado flesh from it's skin and place in a food processor. Let the chocolate cool slightly then add the chocolate mixture and blitz until comletely smooth and thickened. Place the mixture in the fridge to solidfy a little more for 15-20 minutes.
- Once out the fridge, roll into little bowls using a teaspoon as measurement and place onto a plate or tray covered in baking parchment. Once you have your truffles, roll them in some desicated coconut or nuts or your choice ( I really like chopped hazelnuts ). Enjoy at room tempeture and store in the fridge.
- I always use extra virgin olive oil in all of my recipes unless stated otherwise
- When I use canned or jarred tomatoes of any kind I always use this brand for the best results and flavour
- All vegetables are medium sized unless stated otherwise
- All recipes are tested and developed using a fan (convection) oven
- Find out more about how nutrition is calculated here
- Check out our must have Italian Pantry Staples here
- You can also find all our Essential Kitchen Tools for Italian Cooking here