The only resource you'll need for making the very best homemade pizzas. Including finding the perfect crust, the best sauces and toppings all from the very best and most trusted food bloggers!
You'll know by now that I love pizza, I mean pizza is literally my life so it made complete sense to share the ultimate guide to making perfect homemade pizzas. Making homemade pizzas is so easy and fun, it's the perfect way to get the whole family involved and you won't believe how much more delicious they taste than any store bought pizzas.
Using this ultimate guide to homemade pizzas you'll be able to easily select the right dough or pizza crust your looking for be it traditional dough or a quick fix when you've not got much time or even unique crusts made from various vegetables.
You can then decided if you want to go with traditional tomato sauce or a white base pizza and then select your toppings from a variety of meat, fish, vegetables, vegan, extra cheesy and even gourmet toppings.
And when you think you've not got any room left except that little space you were saving for dessert I have a list of fantastic, fun dessert pizzas that you really need to try.
P.S I've added a little bonus of pizza-themed party food that are perfect for the holiday season or for when you're entertaining.
First up is traditional basic pizza dough, this is what I choose 95% of the time when I'm making pizzas at home. These doughs are so easy and pretty foolproof whether you choose to do it by hand (my prefered method) or use a stand mixer here is a list of the best basic pizza dough recipes followed by yeast free, gluten free and vegetable crusts.
You can also read about the best type of flour to use for making homemade pizzas here.
Traditional Pizza Dough Recipes
- My Best Basic Pizza Dough - Inside The Rustic Kitchen
- Homemade Pizza Dough with Beer - Cooking with Mamma C
- Pizza Dough Recipe For Pizza Straight From The BBQ - The BBQ Bastard
- Easy Miricle Pizza Dough - The Salty Marshmallow
- Easy Homemade Pizza Dough - She Loves Biscotti
- Italian Pizza Dough Recipe - Your Guardian Chef
Yeast Free Pizza Dough
- Instant Pizza Dough - No Yeast and No Rising Time - Inside The Rustic Kitchen
- Low Carb Pizza Crust - Forest and Fauna
- Flatbread Pizza - Personally Paleo
- Couscous Pizza Base - Recipes From A Pantry
- 2 Ingredient Pizza Dough - Kleinworth & Co.
Gluten Free Pizza Crusts
- Gluten Free Pizza Crust - Officially Gluten Free
- Low Carb Florentine Pizza Gluten Free - Jennifer Banz
- Gluten Free Thin Crust Pizza - A Saucy Kitchen
- World Best Paleo Pizza Crust - The Urban Poser
- Coconut Flour Pizza Crust - Moon and Spoon and Yum
- Zucchini Crust Pizza with Beet Hummus Spread - Stacey Homemaker
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust Egg Free - Mommy's Home Cooking
- Low Carb Spinach Pizza Crust - A Fork's Tale
- Squash Pizza Crust with Pesto - Rainbow in My Kitchen
- Vegan Sweet Potato Pizza Crust - Food Fitness Fresh Air
Traditional Red Pizza Sauce
When I'm in a rush I use passata/pureed tomatoes (a good brand like Cirio) straight out of the jar, spread onto pizza bases and then sprinkled with a tiny amount of salt and pepper and sometimes a little dried oregano, it works great! If you're not in a rush however and have a little extra time to make a great pizza sauce then here is a list of some of the best ones to try!
- Red Wine Oregano Pizza Sauce - Three Olive Branches
- 5 Ingredient 3 Minute Pizza Sauce - Happy Foods Tube
- Roasted Tomato Blender Marinara Sauce - Fresh Fit Kitchen
- Easy Pizza Sauce - The Life Jolie (photo above)
- Homemade Pizza Sauce (5 min) - Valerie's Keepers
- White Pizza with Pancetta, Cambozola and Pear - Slow The Cook Down
- Rustic Pizza with Garlic, Parmesan, Oregano Cream Sauce - Nicole Branan
- Cheesy Speck and Mushroom Pizza - Inside The Rustic Kitchen
- Spinach and Artichoke Pizza Bianca Recipe - Ciao Florentina
- White Pizza with Herbs and Nasturtium Leaves - Healthfully Ever After
Now it's time for the best part, choosing your toppings for your homemade pizzas. Here you'll find a mix of meat, fish, extra cheesy, vegetarian, vegan and even some gourmet pizza toppings. There are so many great topping ideas here the hardest part is deciding what one!
- Prosciutto cotto (ham) and artichoke heart pizza - Inside The Rustic Kitchen
- Italian Sausage and Artichoke Pizza - An Italian In My Kitchen
- Diavola Pizza (spicy salami) - The Spice At Home
- Pancetta and Rosemary Pizza - Lauren's Latest
- Chorizo Asparagus Goats Cheese Pizza - My Kitchen Love
- Anchovy Pizza with Capers (Pizza Napoli) - Inside The Rustic Kitchen
- Salmon, Asparagus & Baby Spinach White Pizza - The Cooking Spoon
- Shrimp Scampi Pizza - The Blond Cook
- Garlic Prawn Pizza - My Sugar-Free Kitchen
- Grilled Pizza with Clams Arugula and Peppers - The Framed Table
- Cheesy Speck and Mushroom Pizza - Inside The Rustic Kitchen
- Truffled Mushroom & Fontina Cheese - Salt and Lavender
- Pears, Prosciutto and Gorgonzola - Recipe Runner
- Four Cheese Pizza - Julie's Eats and Treats
- Smoked Mozzarella Lemon Pizza - Hello Fun Seekers
- Basil pesto pizza with mozzarella and roasted cherry tomatoes - Inside The Rustic Kitchen
- Leek Mushroom Mozzarella Pizza - Yay For Food
- New Potato, Caramelized Onion, Rosemary and Gruyere Pizza - Domestic Gothess
- Beet Pizza with Beet Leaf Pesto - Veggie Desserts
- Cheesy Broccoli and kale Pesto Pizza - Peas and Crayons
- Spinach and Artichoke Pizza - Vegan Heaven
- Vegan Ranch Pizza - Lauren Caris Cooks
- Vegan BBQ Veggie Pizza - Vegan In The Freezer
- Pumpkin Pizza with Chanterelles and Spinach - Blueberry Vegan
- Vegan Spicy BBQ Chickpea Pizza - Jessica In The Kitchen
Gourmet Pizzas Toppings
- Fig, Bacon and Blue Cheese Pizza - Pinch Me I'm Eating
- Just Peachy Pizza with Goats Cheese, Gorgonzola and Balsamic Drizzle - Meg is Well (photo bottom right)
- Spicy Lamb Keema Pizza - Super Golden Bakes
- The Ultimate Mexican Pizza - Vegetarian Gastronomy
- Turkey Stuffing Pizza with Caramelised Onions and Brie - Inside The Rustic Kitchen
- Quattro stagioni - four seasons pizza
Who says you can't have pizza for dessert? Here's a fun list of fruity and chocolatey pizza to enjoy after dinner plus some fun pizza themed party food from crackers to pull apart rolls these delicious little bites are perfect for parties and entertaining.
- The Evil Pizza with Nutella - Your Guardian Chef
- Fruit Pancake Pizza - Recipes From A Pantry
- Rainbow Fruit Pizza - Sugar Spice and Family Life
- Blackberry Ricotta Pizza - Cooking Journey
- Paleo Chocolate Fruit Pizza with Brownie Cookie Crust - Joy Food Sunshine
Fun Pizza Themed Party Food
- Strombolini, Italian Pizza Pockets - Chew Town
- Cheesy Pull Apart Pizza Rolls - Cooking On The Front Burner
- Vegan Pizza Cracker - Elephantastic Vegan
- Pizza On A Stick - My Turn For Us
- Pizza Stuffed Mushrooms - Spend With Pennies
- Fried Zucchini Pizza Bites - Inside The Rustic Kitchen
I hope you enjoy this ultimate guide to making homemade pizzas, it's a great resource full of fantastic recipe. If you've tried any of these recipes be sure to let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST to see more delicious food and what I'm getting up to.