Prosecco Strawberry Slushie made with only 3 ingredients. It's the perfect way to cool down and relax this Summer!
Have some fun this summer with an ice cold strawberry slushie...oh, and with plenty prosecco don't forget. This is the ultimate way to sit back and relax at the weekend and it only takes around 2 minutes to make. It's fruity, refreshing and so delicious.
I love making cocktails but let's face it, by the time I've bought 3 different liqueurs, soda, fruit juice etc it can end up being quite costly and I end up not making them very often because of that. Now that Summer is fast approaching I'm getting into the cocktail making mood again especially on a late Saturday afternoon when I can smell all the barbecues cooking and everyone is relaxing outdoors in the sun.
I wanted something that wasn't going to cost much and that was a little bit more 'fun' than a normal glass of Prosecco (I know life is so hard sometimes). I had frozen strawberries in the freezer and I'm SO glad I decided to use them because this Prosecco Strawberry Slushie is my new love.
This slushie requires only 3 ingredients; Prosecco, frozen strawberries, and honey - amazing! I often freeze strawberries if I see them on offer and I know I won't be able to eat them all in time. They've proven to be a great 'freezer essential' and I use them for all sorts of things such as smoothies, dessert sauces and now cocktails or slushies.
So, I'm guessing you probably already know how to make this but I'll tell you anyway. Put everything in a blender and blitz until smooth, ha. It's such a hard recipe to master, isn't it?
If living in Italy has taught me anything it's to always have nibbles when having a drink so if you fancy sipping on these this weekend then here are some little bites that'll go perfectly with it:
- Artichoke dip ( not the cheesy one you already know)
- whipped ricotta dip with thyme roasted tomatoes
- sausage and stracchino stuffed sweet mini peppers
- sour cream and pesto dip with prosciutto dippers
Hope you enjoy guys!
If you've tried this or any other recipe on the blog please let me know how you got on in the comments below, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM and PINTERESTto see more delicious food and what I'm getting up to.
Prosecco Strawberry Slushie
- 9.5 oz (1.5 cups/270g) frozen strawberries
- 10.5 fluid ounces (300ml) Prosecco
- 1 tbsp honey
- Put everything in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Add more honey to taste if required and serve in cocktail glasses.
- I always use extra virgin olive oil in all of my recipes unless stated otherwise
- When I use canned or jarred tomatoes of any kind I always use this brand for the best results and flavour
- All vegetables are medium sized unless stated otherwise
- All recipes are tested and developed using a fan (convection) oven
- Find out more about how nutrition is calculated here
- Check out our must have Italian Pantry Staples here
- You can also find all our Essential Kitchen Tools for Italian Cooking here